Surgical Suturing we have created for both beginners who are just taking their first steps in surgery and those with basic skills who want to improve them.
Whether you tie your career to surgery or get as far away from operating rooms as possible. Placing sutures is a skill that is useful in almost every medical specialty. Surgical suturing will prepare you to meet any wound in the hospital emergency department and beyond.
We know very well that the placement of sutures can not be mastered from books, so in our course we focused on knowledge useful in practice. The various techniques are presented in clear instructional videos.
To practice surgical suturing, you need material suitable for suture placement. It will work best for this our surgical pad, to which we attach access to the course. Surgical suturing has been designed and tailored for him, so this product provides the best experience with Medu.
What will you get from learning with Medu’s Surgical suturing course?
- you will become familiar with the surgical instruments - there may not be time for explanations during the procedure.... and are you sure you know how to grip the needle holder correctly?
- you will learn how to take care of a wound properly, what Langer’s lines are, and what they have to do with aesthetic scars - not only safety is important, but also patient satisfaction!
- you will learn how to tie surgical knots (with your eyes shut!) - the surgical team will certainly be pleased ;)
- you will not be afraid to place sutures - not only the basic but also more advanced ones, for example, purse-string suture
Studies have shown that suturing skills retention is higher among medical students when teaching is spread over a time compared to single long courses.[source]
Module 1: Suturing basics
- Your suturing kit
- Wound types
- Sutures and needles
- Aesthetic scars
Module 2: Basic sutures
- Simple interrupted suture
- Simple continuous suture
- Horizontal mattress suture
- Suture removal
Module 3: Intermediate sutures
- Vertical mattress suture
- Cruciate suture
- Intradermal suture
Module 4: Advanced sutures
- Purse-string suture
- Inverting suture
- Closing wounds with uneven edges