Laparoscopy is a comprehensive course on a smartphone. It will prove useful both for a first encounter with laparoscopy and for those who have already been exposed to this surgical technique.
We have created the theoretical part of Laparoscopy using the training courses of recognized societies: FLS and E-BLUS, in cooperation with experienced laparoscopists. The teaching materials are enriched with recordings from real operations, which will allow you to see what the procedures look like in practice!
The course also includes exercises to help you learn how to use the instruments efficiently. You can practice by playing tic-tac-toe, pulling string through hoops, placing discs on prepared posts, and putting balls into containers. In spite of what it seems, it's not as simple as it appears, but it's certainly addictive…
Essential theoretical knowledge, quizzes with review questions and exercises will get you comfortable with laparoscopy. Do you need anything else?
What will you get from learning with Medu’s Laparoscopy course?
- a solid theoretical base on the basis of training by recognized societies: FLS (Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery) and E-BLUS (The Basic Laparoscopic Urological Skills) at an affordable price
- you will learn how to use laparoscopic instruments - identical to those you will encounter in the operating room
- you will learn how to see a three-dimensional surgical field on a two-dimensional image
- you will learn how to overcome the challenges of minimally invasive surgery
- endless hours of exercising on the trainer, which is also fun - the exercises are based on game principles (some of which you will be familiar with!)
Did you know that it takes between 13 and even 200 laparoscopic cholecystectomies to be proficient in this procedure?[source]
Module 1: Let's start with the basics...
- Your trainer
- Laparoscopic surgery basics
Module 2: There is no surgery without preparation
- Laparoscopic imaging
- Laparoscopic accesses
Module 3: Instruments and basic procedures
- Laparoscopic surgical instruments
- Preparation techniques
- Wound closure techniques